Subject: Re: need OSM (orderly scene mover) equivalent...
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 13:50:50 -0500

On 21-Dec-95 06:36:02, Mike Harlock ([email-masked]) Emailed: 

> What ever happened to Orderly Scene Mover?   Last I heard it had been
> crowned "Disorderly Scene Mangler" due to some peculiar glitches.  Did
> the author ever complete development?  I can't seem to find it on
> Aminet...

> In any case, I have a scene with 79 objects in different directories,
> and I need something to pull them out of their respective directories
> and put them in one, and change the paths in the layout file.   I dread
> having to "save object" on every one myself.   Also, I'm looking for
> something that can prompt me for a new name for every file...

> I'm probably dreaming...

> --Mike

If you're using an Amiga, the package "Power Macros" for Lightwave has an
excellent scene mover utility that will move all the scene elements,
change the pathnames, etc. all in one swoop. With a little creative
directory-naming, I have it move scenes to a new directory on the Amiga,
then FTP the files over to a WinNT system, and they load right up, with
none of that "can't find object xxx" syndrome.

--
      ______________________________________________________________
     /     John Crookshank         | Raptor3 DEC Alpha Workstations \
    |  MicroTech Solutions, Inc.   | Lightwave 3D, Toaster/Flyer     |
    | Desktop Video Systems Dealer | JVC Professional Video Products |
    | NewTek Systems Group Dealer  | PVR, Speed Razor, and more.     |
    |------------------------------|---------------------------------|
    |     [email-masked]              http://www.mt-inc.com/       |
     \______________________________________________________________/